Lightstones

ZeonZeon Posts: 1,115
edited May 2017 in Game Guides
The purpose of this guide is to show the starting Lightstones that can be obtained through exploring; Quest rewards, defeating enemies and through merchants.

Spiritstones

Max out the starting ones you obtain through your adventures, this way you'll be set up better for much later levels. Makes dungeon runs and npcs in general easier. Use Fragments obtained throughout Tantos to upgrade.

A good attack is always based on an effective defense

Here's a break down of the Lightstones in the above pictures for your character to equip and your pets.
Spiritstones (purple centered) both character and some pets. These types are solely equipped to amour pieces only.
These are the smaller Lightstones, that you'll mostly see as you begin adventuring through Tantos. Once you start getting deeper into the game you'll have LIghtstones that will give better all round stats and will change in size.
Note: Some pets can also equip Lightstones through their menu interface.

Spiritstones

------>

Warstones

(Blue)- Solely for pets as far as i am aware.
-----

----

Battlestones

(Red) - Character and some pets. They are equipped through the digital weapon of your character and through the Pet menu.

---

To equip select your Hero tab and click on the corresponding weapon/armoury types

---

Select which Lightstone you'd like to equip by simply scrolling through the menu.

----

Successfully equipped

---

Pet Lightstone Equipping

Upgrading Lightstones Using Fragments

Select a Lightstone, click on one of the slots/icons of the lightstone on the righthand side and click add by 1 or add by 10 to upgrade it.

Lightstone Variety

There are many types of Lightstones, arranging from colour, rarity, attack, defense, spells and elementral bonuses. Some will be specifically named. In equal to that, some equipment that is specifically named will even hint to what that name suggests it can do in combat. I don't have any yet, so i won't be able to discuss in any detail but that would be in an entirely different thread.

Some examples of the many different Lightstones for more advanced gameplay. These ones will really enhance your stats! The background colour represents the quality of the Lightstone. Its rarity is higher thus enabling for more slots available to unlock, not to mention, better base stats.
Rarity types arrange from 1 - 5 to my knowledge. This means that the equipment (armour/gear) has to match the rarity of the Lightstone in order to utilize it. If the equipment is higher rarity than the Lightstone (being lower rarity) then you can use that Lightstone with the higher graded equipment.

----------

-----

------

Eventually you'll come across these, these can be found in dungeons as Order Pearls and in Vendor Markets. Currently in Dune's Edge!

Order Pearls

Obtained from end Dungeon Loot Tables. Convert into Order Fragments. Dune's Edge at a ratio of 1 fragment for 3 pearls of the right order.

Order Fragments

Chargestones

In addition to Lightstones, using Charge Stones will unlock more slots in the same Lightstone, making it even more powerful. Charge Stones can be obtained through dungeons.

These will unlock additional slots in your Lightstones. The Lightstones need to be rarity 2 or higher.

Fragments

These are to upgrade all Lightstones.

Comments

• Akai KiriAkai Kiri Posts: 26
    if im not mistaken, battle stones are for 1 handed weapons, warstones are for 2h. shields might use spiritstones.

any idea on the drop rate of chargestones?
  • ZeonZeon Posts: 1,115
    Akai Kiri said:

if im not mistaken, battle stones are for 1 handed weapons, warstones are for 2h. shields might use spiritstones.

any idea on the drop rate of chargestones?

I have no idea of the drop rates of Chargestones or anyother item in game. I am still biting my nails for my first drop!
  • plasmamodoplasmamodo Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    Charge stones are really rare! They are also a major limiter of progression, which I think is why the drop rate is so low. Eventually, you will get some really fancy lightstones and a lot of fragments, just being limited by upgrading ranks. Hopefully crafting will alleviate this somewhat once it arrives.
  • carla4444444carla4444444 Posts: 1,223
    Great guide Zeon :)

In addition: not sure if this was mentioned/clarified the purple Spiritstones equip to armor pieces for your character.
    I'll probably update that to make it clearer, along with some pics of Charge stones and Fragments.
  • carla4444444carla4444444 Posts: 1,223
    Nice!
    Updated! Any area of improvements and anything i missed, let me know. I'll probably keep making little tweaks now and again.
    So the order-aligned lightstones need the corresponding order fragments to upgrade. These can be obtained from a merchant near the mate tower in Dune's Edge at a ratio of 1 fragment for 3 pearls of the right order. If you go to the merchant you can probably get some screen caps to add to the guide.

So the order-aligned lightstones need the corresponding order fragments to upgrade. These can be obtained from a merchant near the mate tower in Dune's Edge at a ratio of 1 fragment for 3 pearls of the right order. If you go to the merchant you can probably get some screen caps to add to the guide.

Completely missed that! Thanks!
    Updating soon! Lots more pictures and new stones!
    you will eventually have more chargestones than you know what to do with. i don't find myself changing lightstones out much so once i get a few chargestones ill obviously not replace the lightstone i used them on until i get another one with extra tiers unlocked and upgraded.
    edited May 2017
    You can revert a Lightstone and you should receive 75% of the frags used back plus the Chargestone.
    I don't know if you get all Chargestones back if used 2+ on the same Lightstone.

Edit - A chance to receive a Chargestone back.
    Updated!
    If you do the quest chain cherry blossom offers you it leads you to an area in the next zone that has a chargestone reward from a feather. worth doing just for that.
  • VoiceOfJaxVoiceOfJax Posts: 52
    Is it better to use the max levels of equipment or lower levels of equipment with a higher rarity so you can use rarer Lightstones with them?

Is it better to use the max levels of equipment or lower levels of equipment with a higher rarity so you can use rarer Lightstones with them?

Definitely higher rarity - lightstones give pretty huge bonuses

• ArkiehmaruArkiehmaru Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    yea i found a rarity 4 mountion lightstone and my base auto damage went from 3-4k to 7-8k, i love it
    edited May 2017

You really don't need higher level'd gear to utilize a Lightstone, it will certainly help of course. But generally, higher rarity Lightstones unlock even more bonuses to utilize. You cannot equip a blue rarity Lightstone into equipment of green graded rarity. You can however equip a green rarity Lightstone into blue rarity equipment. Once you get a higher rarity Lightstone to match the equipment then it would benefit to swap it out.

This Torso i had recently acquired, very low level.