TCG Companion App for Android and Apple Devices

JaneJane Posts: 109PlayFusion Team
We have some great news for you, we’ve just released our new Lightseekers TCG Companion app for Android and Apple devices and we wanted you to be the first to know!

Head over to Google Play or the App Store and search for 'lightseekers'.

The app supports the following features:

- Integration with your existing lightseekers.cards account - simply log in with the same email address
- Find and join Lightseekers TCG events around the world
- Get live notifications about updates to your events - when they’re beginning, new rounds and more
- Pay entry fees by credit card
- Track your hero’s health in social and tournament games
- Report your tournament game results in real time
- View the world's top Lightseekers players

We’ll be adding much more over the coming weeks and months - including card scanning, live stats, deck management, and the card wiki.

If you’re planning on attending any of our events this year, or just want to keep up to date with the Lightseekers TCG we recommend you install this app to make sure you don’t miss out!

We welcome any feedback you may have!

The Lightseekers Team

Comments

• VeneticVenetic Posts: 4
    After being asked on the app to enter an existing account email, I get the email, and the provided email opens to a blank page. Not sure if the API call is broken or what but it's preventing me from being able to login to the app
  • Chris EChris E Posts: 15PlayFusion Team
    Hi Venetic.

When you say the email opens to a blank page, so you mean you click the login link in the email and you get a blank page after that?

Can you give me some details on what phone you have (Android/Apple) and if you can, what version of Android or iOS it is running?
    yup, blank page. I'm using a Google Pixel, android 7.1.2
    I just got it to work, I originally didnt try opening the link on my phone, but on my macbook. I tried on my phone just now and it was able to complete, so maybe just an issue with a non mobile browser?
    Ah I see - thanks for the clarification. You do need to click the link on the device you've installed the app on (this allows us to link it to the device). The email does try to say this, but it could perhaps be clearer. I'll see if I can highlight that portion better.
  • carla4444444carla4444444 Posts: 1,173
    Are there plans to release on Amazon Appstore too?
  • WantonNerdWantonNerd Posts: 311
    I think the intention is for use on a mobile phone @carla4444444 , but having that cross platform accessibility for tablets wouldn't be a terrible idea either. Here's hoping :smiley:
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,872PlayFusion Team
    Currently we are only releasing the app on Android and iOS. We may consider bringing it to Amazon in the future if there is enough interest.
    Don't forget, if you have suggestions for new features on the app we'd love to hear them!
  • JebJeb Posts: 13
    It would be awesome to be able to play the TCG on the app with other players online. I love the TCG game but without people to physically play the game with, I haven't been able to play too often. Could scan our cards in and have it work like other playing card based apps.
  • WizzitWizzit Posts: 107
    Why does the e-mail verification have to be on the device your trying to log in from? why cant it just be an authentication code for the device through the e-mail. I dont use e-mail on my phone or tablet due to the fact that my e-mail contains sensetive data that I don't want put at risk by using it on a mobile device. I therefore cannot use the TCG companion app unless I install an e-mail service and log into my e-mail from my device which I am not willing to do. The Lightseekers Game is linked to google accounts, why cant the TCG companion be done the same way?
    The Companion App is built up from the website based organized play system, so it uses the same login process. You only need to do it once and the app will then stay logged in for you.

• WantonNerdWantonNerd Posts: 311
    @Jeb they are developing the app all the time, so I'm certain they will be working on the integration for the future. It's been mentioned before as an idea from the consumer side as well as mentioned by members of the Dev team as an idea for the future. These things come with time, and the card game hasn't even been out for a full year yet. It's certainly got to be given some time.

In the meantime, find other people to introduce the game to and play with. The easiest way to help the game grow and gather players is to make them by helping others learn about it
    Wizzit said:

Why does the e-mail verification have to be on the device your trying to log in from? why cant it just be an authentication code for the device through the e-mail. I dont use e-mail on my phone or tablet due to the fact that my e-mail contains sensetive data that I don't want put at risk by using it on a mobile device. I therefore cannot use the TCG companion app unless I install an e-mail service and log into my e-mail from my device which I am not willing to do. The Lightseekers Game is linked to google accounts, why cant the TCG companion be done the same way?

If you absolutely cannot open the email on the device, it should be possible to copy the link in the email to the device in some other way and then paste it into a browser there, which will then redirect to the app. Please note that the links have an expiry time of around 15 minutes, so you'll need to use it before then.