TOMY Site no longer listing Lightseekers???

FaithSDKFaithSDK Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
Is there something wrong? I wanted to see if they updated their listings and it's just poofed? Unless they forgot to add it while coding the holiday sale banner but I doubt it.

Also was looking into ordering Boulder on Amazon and he's back to scalper price/selling it as if it is a Starter Pack. Nearly $70. :c

Hope nothing is wrong. Also any idea when Boulder will be back in stock?

Comments

• Darkrai848Darkrai848 Posts: 150
    edited December 2017
    Looks like something is really up, they have now been pulled from Tomy's 2018 catalog. They where in there catalog when it went live at the beginning of December but now they have been removed. As a kickstarter backer this is vary disturbing to see.

http://tomy.com/reseller-information

Is lightseekers over? Did it fail? Will we ever see the last figures?

Any news @Crow I'm vary concerned about this.
  • NoogaNooga Posts: 160
    edited December 2017
    Summoning @Crow because I am scared. This would explain why we in Aus haven't even got Wave 2 yet. Please hug me, I am scared.

Though, it's unlikely to be truly dead, Playfusion could always find another distributor? Maybe? Good god I hope TOMY didn't kill this game.

EDIT: Looked further, there's absolutely no mention of Lightseekers on the site. It's not even in the copyrights section! What the hell happened!?
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,963
    Hey all. Fear not, this is nothing to worry about. Lightseekers is fine and 2018 is still aiming to be a great year!
    Oh thank God. Can you explain what happened or is it top-secret company stuff?
    edited December 2017
    It's honestly nothing to be worried about :)
  • FaithSDKFaithSDK Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    Awesome! I was getting a little worried. :weary:
    Hope everyone enjoys their holidays in the meantime!
  • @Crow the one question I have is will this effect the release of the remaining 2 figures and the weapons?
  • Darkrai848Darkrai848 Posts: 150
    @Crow any news on this? I mean are there still plans for the remaining figures and weapons? I mean its not looking good. Tomy says they can no longer produce any Lightseekers products, and have removed all traces of lightseekers from there site and catalog. Amazon is now selling weapons for around $3 each and flight packs for around $4.

Are you guys switching manufacturing company's? Or are all physical products dead?
    edited January 3
    @Crow buddy it's all well and good telling us it's nothing to worry about but if all signs are pointing to it looking bad, we're gonna worry. Please tell us what's going on.

EDIT: Also TRU Australia has a no T2L policy and is clearing out all Lightseekers stock as a result, and we're not getting wave 2. PLEASE tell me you're going to start stocking in Big W, EB Games and/or Target because I am getting pretty mad/sad at this fact :anguished: I love this game. I want to support it. But when I can't buy the new stuff without paying through the nose on shipping costs it makes it pretty dang hard, y'know?

If you won't tell us what's going on for the fans, at least do it for the Kickstarter backers. Investors at least have a right to know what the heck is happening right now.
  • AzraelmAzraelm Posts: 17
    I seriously hope its nothing bad to worry about, I'm really enjoying all aspects of the game and so our my kids we play the TCG daily and trying to complete our collections...fingers crossed.
    We’re taking a hands on approach to support and retail with Lightseekers. The figures and game will continue to be available and we are looking into new store options for the future. We’re charging full ahead with Lightseekers in 2018 and we’re aiming for it to be a great year.
  • ninja9351ninja9351 Posts: 254 ✭✭✭
    We’re taking a hands on approach to support and retail with Lightseekers. The figures and game will continue to be available and we are looking into new store options for the future. We’re charging full ahead with Lightseekers in 2018 and we’re aiming for it to be a great year.
    Are there plans for Lightseekers to be at the Toy Fair this year?
    Now that's what I like to hear! Thanks for the reply Crow, and good luck to all the staff at Playfusion!
    Are there plans for Lightseekers to be at the Toy Fair this year?
    We are still planning and confirming events for 2018 right now. Any events we are attending will be announced on our social pages and website.
  • JebJeb Posts: 13
    edited January 8
    So the figures will no longer be made by Tomy? I hope we will still be getting more figures and accessories, wether it's you guys doing it in house or bringing on another company...
  • DavidChiassonDavidChiasson Posts: 60
    Why is Tomy dropping Lightseekers and what doe's this mean for the future of the game and the Toyline? Is this the end for Lightseekers? Doe's Lightseekers still have a Future or is it all over.? Are you starting all over again with a new company or going it alone. I have so many Questions. I love Lightseeks and I don't want it to end before it was even given a chance to shine. I've seen a lot of great toyline die before even being given a chance. But Lightseekers deserves much better.Lightseekers deserves a future and to grow into the successfull toyline it was ment to be.
  • DavidChiassonDavidChiasson Posts: 60
    So whats going on for 2018 , Is Tomy still going to be making Lightseekers? I want a bit more information as to what to expect this year.
  • lucatuneslucatunes Posts: 30
    I'm really late to this convo, but I think that if you charge forward with the card game, and then try and convince places that sell the cards, to sell the figures too that you could get people that play the TCG to play the app too. I would have to say I think the marketing should be changed a little bit for the app and figures because it seems to be marketed to younger kids (8-14 id say) unless that's what you're going for.
    We're aiming to revisit the figures later on. Right now though the card game has our full attention so we can make sure it really takes off :) It's doing well so far which is great!
  • EpicNameFailEpicNameFail Posts: 11

Still no info on lightseekers figures, it almost the end of 2018, I usually just wait and see what's going on but this is scaring me even. I know the card game is your best route but if you don't do something with the action figures soon I think it could very well drive the possible people to buy things for rpg away