I got bored and came up with some card ideas

Heroes

Nykuz the Eccentric
Tech (Mechanical Superior)
Health: 29
Ability: Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw 5 cards. You cannot use this Ability on your next turn.

Marzy (The farmer from Rail's End)
Tech/Astral (Time/Solar/Lunar. no superiorities)
Health: 30
Ability: Heal 1 point of health for each card in your discard pile.

Actions

Radioactive Waste
Explosive
Attack
Deal 3 damage, the recipient discards 1 random card from their hand

Dimensional Rift
Unaligned
Buff
(First two corners X, third corner 3)
Return (rotation) cards from the discard pile to your deck.

Tyrax Farm
Time
Buff
(Clunky corners, 1/1/1)
When take 1 or more damage, draw (Rotation) cards. Rotate when you take damage.

Comments

• Nykuz is broken. Drawing 5 cards in a turn is nutty -- imagine the potential with Flying Fortress and Fountain of Time, not to mention that as it only takes one action that it gives any hand under 5 cards a mulligan with a potential +4 (or even a +5).

Marzy is broken too! I don't want to play a game where my opponent can heal for 20 in a single action, and still be able to play cards afterwards. Throw in a Gravity weapon and Mirror Beast makes you nigh-on invincible without ever running out of resources.

They are cool ideas though, albeit very, very busted. The Action cards are pretty cool though, even though I think Dimensional Rift should belong to an Order, and with a name like that it should be Astral.
  • NoogaNooga Posts: 160
    Good feedback. I didn't think Nykuz was that bad though, but flying fortress makes an excellent point. I was thinking like YuGiOh's Magical Mallet. None the less, Redux!

Nykuz the Eccentric
    Ability: Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw 4 cards. You cannot use this Ability on your next turn, and the act of drawing cards cannot trigger any buffs.

Marzy
    Ability: Heal for 1 when one of your buffs expires.

I left Dimensional Rift as U/A because it's a little more powerful than your average buff, as U/A cards are. Not to mention in the mobile game, rifts aren't really aligned to any particular element. It depends on the location they pop up.

Came up with some more cards too

Cactooze
    Forest
    Buff
    (X,2,2,1)
    Clunky Corners 2 and 3: Deal damage to your opponent when you're attacked. Normal Corner 4: Your opponent discards cards from their hand

Shooting Star
    Gravity
    Defend
    Draw 2 cards. If one of them is Solar, your opponent takes 3 damage. If one of them is Lunar, heal for 3. Shuffle these cards back into your deck afterwards.
  • OutOfOrderOutOfOrder Posts: 42
    edited November 2017
    The change to Nykuz is solid, but I think it would still need the "cannot be increased by effects" treatment, just to stop some Power abuse.

Marzy went from straight up broken to ok. Astral Hero "Orion" has a similar ability, and he's pretty darn awful. One healing for every buff expired is better, but it's still not a draw I'd be looking for, especially with Time as one of the elements involved, as I favour extending the duration of buffs rather than blazing through them -- and though the prospect of an accelerated Dawn Stalker or Mageship burst is tempting, it's not a high value return because their damage only occurs on the final corner, so Fountain of Time ends up losing value.

I don't play the RPG so I didn't get that reference, but now it's been clarified, I totally understand.

As for the new stuff, Cactooze looks fun, but going from a clunky corner to a normal one seems a little too strong -- your opponent chooses to attack you, takes damage and then immediately discards a card. Furthermore, the card seems to be going against the grain of what Nature is gearing towards - hand size punishment. Allowing your opponent to discard could actually be detrimental.

Shooting Star though? - This one I really like. I think Astral has the space for a worse version of Shapeshifter, and it has synergies with Flying Fortress, which (in this case) I really like. Mulligans are still weird for me, but I can see decks where this could be really useful.

I could absolutely see the combos now though, stacking the deck with Zeppelin Scout, setting up to draw into Shooting Star with Shapeshifter to heal for 5, then playing Shooting Star to deal 3 damage, heal for 3 and shuffle. This could potentially offer a reset point for a bad pull from Zeppelin Scout, or be sent to the bottom of the stacked cards if the pull is really good.

I really like this one.
  • NoogaNooga Posts: 160
    YEAH BABY! I'm glad you like Shooting Star.

I definitely agree on Nykuz's effect not being increased by other effects.

Nykuz the Eccentric
    Ability: Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw 4 cards. You cannot use this Ability on your next turn, and the act of drawing cards cannot trigger any buffs, and this effect cannot be increased by other effects.

Marzy Redux #3

Marzy
    Ability: Heal for 1 when one of your buffs leaves play.

Cactooze Redux, punishing hand size.

Cactooze
    Forest
    Buff
    (X,2,2, Blank)
    Clunky Corners 2 and 3: Deal damage to your opponent when you're attacked. Normal Corner 4: If your opponent has more cards in their hand than you, deal damage equal to the number of cards they have in their hand minus the number of cards you have in your hand, capping at 5.