Jax and Kora Hero Packs Now Out

ninja9351ninja9351 Posts: 252 ✭✭✭
I was looking through Instagram and saw this picture.

As you can see, there are individual Jax packs down in the bottom right hand corner. I hadn't seen this mentioned in here yet and wanted to make sure everyone knew.

Comments

• lamorackelamoracke Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    Cool. So that individual Jax would not have the weapon or the fusion core? What value would one have by getting it? Would only be good for someone who wants to start a new game if they already had one made?
  • Emanresu22Emanresu22 Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Looks like it's $29.98. These hero packs are for players who already have other figures with fusion core. You can use 1 fusion core to all different figures.
    yeah, but part of my question would be, without the starter pack, you would not be able to get nitro hammer or whatever the weapon that only comes in the starter pack, I would hope that would be for sale too.
    Just seems to be an excuse to have a lot of boxes that basically do the same thing, would be easy to cause confusion and take up a lot of valuable retail space. Might be a good thing to have in the online sales section of the site but not on the store shelves if you ask me, just my opinion.
  • ZeonZeon Posts: 1,066
    Single figurine only packs are cheaper, which is good for people, if that's what they can afford short term and still enabling exclusive access in game content. Buying single pack weapons is also going to be cheaper and i am sure Nitro Hammer i assume would also be sold separately from the starter pack, eventually.
  • zeldafanzeldafan Posts: 18
    Saw Jax single pack last weekend, didn't realize they were new. I was tempted, as I already got the Kora starter, but yeah, not being able to get Nitro Hammer by itself at the moment is why I passed.
  • Emanresu22Emanresu22 Posts: 177 ✭✭
    edited September 8
    They mentioned that the fusion core ($40) is what makes the starter packs ($70) expensive, but a Hero Pack ($30), 2 weapons ($15 each) / 1 weapon and a shield ($25) / 1 2-handed weapon ($15), and a flight pack ($15) would still average from $60-75. They are still expensive and if that's the case I would rather get another Dread, Mountain, and Astral starter packs. I don't mind if they have their own fusion core.

**based on Amazon pricing (average)**
  • ZeonZeon Posts: 1,066
    Weapons can be used universally on both physical and future characters . It's the abilities and lightstones that power them to Order specific.
    Once you have the single fusion core, as stated, they will work for all, thus making future physical figures a whole lot more cheaper to purchase unless of course people want the complete package in one, with a starter pack.
    Just for me personally, all this swapping is just annoying...I have to swap to a 2H weapon to get Wooooo, if I had even more swapping to do due to fusion core sharing, that seems a lot, but variety of choice is good. I just do not like Jax for sale if you cant buy nitro hammer..same with Kora and her starting weapon.
  • > @Zeon said:
    > Once you have the single fusion core, as stated, they will work for all, thus making future physical figures a whole lot more cheaper to purchase unless of course people want the complete package in one, with a starter pack.

I'm in favor of more options rather than less, the one concern I would have would be how to get a second core for multiplayer flight racing if you own a starter and then got the second figure loose.
  • Darkrai848Darkrai848 Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

> @Zeon said:

> Once you have the single fusion core, as stated, they will work for all, thus making future physical figures a whole lot more cheaper to purchase unless of course people want the complete package in one, with a starter pack.

I'm in favor of more options rather than less, the one concern I would have would be how to get a second core for multiplayer flight racing if you own a starter and then got the second figure loose.

You can buy a fusion core by itself https://www.amazon.com/Lightseeker-L71000-Lightseekers-FusionCore/dp/B01N18IBD5/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1504922765&sr=8-15&keywords=lightseekers
  • RocketCzarRocketCzar Posts: 26
    edited September 9
    When I went to my Toysrus today, I found the Jax and Kora hero packs. The hero packs were $30. They also had Fusion Cores. I didn't see any Nitro Hammer or Aquadart Crab single packs. Hopefully, the single packs will come out later on. Here are the pictures. Sorry for the blurry one.

• CrowCrow Posts: 2,549PlayFusion Team
    Hero packs are easier and more cost effective ways of getting a new hero as they don't come with weapons and a FusionCore making them cheaper. Future hero releases will be in Hero Pack form and won't have Starter Pack exclusive weapons like the Nitro Hammer and Aquadart Crab.
  • HyyBallHyyBall Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    Crow said:

Hero packs are easier and more cost effective ways of getting a new hero as they don't come with weapons and a FusionCore making them cheaper. Future hero releases will be in Hero Pack form and won't have Starter Pack exclusive weapons like the Nitro Hammer and Aquadart Crab.

Good to know, but mildly disappointing. I mean, I expected it based on the Safehaven armory, but I love having two different 1h weapons for tech and storm. Was kind of hoping the out four would follow in the same structure.
    So, does this mean that there will be Nitro Hammer and Aquadart Crab single packs or will they be starter pack exclusives?

So, does this mean that there will be Nitro Hammer and Aquadart Crab single packs or will they be starter pack exclusives?

They are currently Starter Pack exclusives.
  • JebJeb Posts: 9
    I wanted to pick up some of Boulder and Zyrus's weapons that are out...but just to clarify, Boulder and Zyrus will come in hero packs WITHOUT a weapon, correct? I don't want to end up with duplicate weapons...
    I remember those guys posting that subsequent heroes won't have starter pack things like Kora and Jax did but I could be wrong.
    Subsequent heroes will come in their own hero packs which feature just the hero and the cards. New weapons will be sold separately and additional FusionCores will be sold on their own as well.
    Here is a clearer picture of the back of the tyrax hero pack from you wanted it.