Cards with mini dungeons

CrowCrow Posts: 2,963

Mini dungeon cards

Each of these cards will give access to a new bonus area. There is a new area for each Order.

Devourer
Graveyard
Gurgling Ooze
Mimicking Horror
Noxin Assassin
Noxin Hexmaster
Noxious Mantix
Shadow Wraith
Shadowy Grave
Soul Trader
Swamp Creeper
Toxic Frog

Broken Dam
Evaporator
Guard Snail
Impressed Seahorse
Mari Bard
Storm Whisperer
Suspicious Squid
Turkle Captain
Wind Controller
Zapper Bug

Exteria Defender
Enchanted Soil
Flamechained Elder
Flamechained Warrior
Firesparker
Geode Hatchling
Lava Bouncer
Rickety Mine
Scrying Crystal
Stone Scribe
Stubborn Everok
Temple of Patience

Beast Master
Forest Mender
Fungal King
Hungry Behemoth
Old Oak
Pollen Weaver
Insect Swarm
Root Singer
Spectral Mantix
Spectral Web
Tree Sprout

Alchemy Lab
Automatic Avenger
Clockwork Construct
Colossi Cannon
Dugout Sentinel
Emergency System
Force Converter
Leaking Generator
Perpetual Cannon
Tyrax Engineer
Warden of Time
Warp Toad

Chimchu Infiltrator
Flying Fortress
Light Lasher
Lunatic
Mirror Beast
Reality Twister
Subjugator
Suntop Monastery
Sun Hugger
Yikona Tactician
Zeppelin Scout
Kreebal Potion Master
Unruly Mob
Weapon Master

Comments

• HyyBallHyyBall Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the list, @Crow! Makes it far easier than scrolling through each card :smile:

Speaking of, I would suggest adding scroll arrows to view next or previous when a single card is already open. Other than that, absolutely in love with the updated system!
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,963
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • KOHDOKKOHDOK Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    I think that may be a bit too many cards. You get three or four of them in each Starter deck(A lot of them are deck exclusives, I notice) and they all go to the same place. Maybe ease up a bit and restore some of the old functions?
    edited July 2017
    Although it looks like a lot in one go, the aim is to give players a greater chance of being able to enjoy them and for cards to become more valuable to them in game. Realistically very few players are likely to get all of the cards so this ensures that there's a good chance for a lot of people to enjoy new content. We'll be looking to bring back some of the more valuable buffs in future releases. You can learn more about that in the new AskPlayFusion which has just been released.
    edited July 2017
    Although it looks like a lot in one go, the aim is to give players a greater chance of being able to enjoy them and for cards to become more valuable to them in game. Realistically very few players are likely to get all of the cards so this ensures that there's a good chance for a lot of people to enjoy new content. We'll be looking to bring back some of the more valuable buffs in future releases. You can learn more about that in the new AskPlayFusion which has just been released.
    But you've made, like, every deck exclusive into a Dungeon card. You get literally four dungeon cards in every starter. If anything, sharing the exact same ability with so many cards lowers their value.
    Whilst cards may share the same in game bonus their worth for the average player is much greater in game encouraging them to acquire the card decks and to scan them in. Although a small percentage of experienced gamers like stat boosts and things that give them an edge in combat the research we have extensively reviewed shows that the average player wants exclusives and access to brand new things they can explore and enjoy.

Use of the buffs previously, even from players who would regularly scan cards to activate them, was very low so the changes will either keep their value about the same or make them more desirable to most in game players. We will be looking to expand the buffs and rewards from cards in future.
    Actually, here's a thought: Just like how the Hero cards now all unlock Hero Allies, why not make the cards that summon Mini-dungeons be the ones based on locations?

Broken Dam, Fountain of Time, Colossi Ritual Site, Sun Citadel, Assassin's Guild, Old Oak, etc.

I mean, we might need an expansion to come out to support more Location cards, but it would feel more like we are going to visit these places rather than how arbitrary they feel now.
  • Emanresu22Emanresu22 Posts: 177 ✭✭
    @KOHDOK when you said "they all go to the same place", does that mean all these cards all go to the same mini-dungeon?

And what is the purpose of mini-dungeons? Do they have a quest line in there like to defeat mini-bosses / bosses, or acquire some nice items/loots? I have only tried one mini-dungeon so far and there was nothing worthwhile in there, and I don't want to activate any of these cards if they only lead to same mini-dungeons.
  • LizardKingLizardKing Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    @KOHDOK when you said "they all go to the same place", does that mean all these cards all go to the same mini-dungeon?

And what is the purpose of mini-dungeons? Do they have a quest line in there like to defeat mini-bosses / bosses, or acquire some nice items/loots? I have only tried one mini-dungeon so far and there was nothing worthwhile in there, and I don't want to activate any of these cards if they only lead to same mini-dungeons.
    I think there is one mini dungeon per Order and like ten cards activate that so you don't need 1 specific card to do it to avoid making a card expensive in 2nd hand market.
  • ZeonZeon Posts: 1,116
    edited July 2017

The bonus areas give quick access to resource areas. At the moment i have access to the tech resource area. There are a few minor enemies in each, guarding the resources.

Personally i am grateful these got added especially once crafting is released these will be invaluable for quick and easy access.

There is another new mini dungeon in Mossridge that does give out a quest and bosses to defeat.

• Emanresu22Emanresu22 Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Thanks @Zeon
  • HyyBallHyyBall Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    @Crow, two suggestions:
    1) Forum Suggestion: Since we already have the lists for cards for mini-dungeons, followers, and cosmetic effects, could we get the list for loot chests as well?
    2) Game Suggestion: I think it would be useful/helpful for QoL if each order had subcategories separated for each of the aforementioned subsets; this way, the user could easily view which cards owned offer similar rewards, as well as which cards to obtain if they're missing from a subset.

Regardless, the new card overhaul is glorious. Seriously, thank the team -- I love it! :smiley:
    I'll have a look and see what I can do in regards to loot boxes. In terms of the in app listings, we're likely going to be making a few tweaks and changes to the card rewards based on player data and feedback, so we wouldn't want to set anything in stone just yet. It's a lot easier for me to quickly edit a forum thread than it is to update the card rewards in the game ;)
    @HyyBall A thread for loot chest cards has now been added :)