Lightseekers Epic $5,000 Giveaway!

CrowCrow Posts: 2,381PlayFusion Team
edited July 11 in Lightseekers News

CALLING ALL LIGHTSEEKERS!!

We really need your help on a real world quest!

We're delighted to announce that the full Lightseekers experience has finally launched with the release of the first Lightseekers smart action figures in all Toys”R”Us stores across the USA, but we really need your help in finding out which stores are actually stocking them and which ones are not.

We truly appreciate and value how amazing the community has been with supporting Lightseekers, so we’re running a competition where three players could win $5,000.00 each as well as one of the very first wave 2 heroes when they’re ready! We have a grand total of three cash prizes to giveaway for our photo competition, one for each of the entry channels we’ll be running the competition across, and an extra special opportunity to possibly win $5000 when you share with us the photo of the figure you have already bought when in store!

This competition is only open to countries where Lightseekers are on sale in Toys"R"Us stores.

To help us out and stand a chance to win take all you need to do is go down to any Toys”R”Us retail store, snap a picture of the Lightseekers stand and share it with us as well as the location of the store. If the store does not have the Lightseekers on display (or its sold out) please let us know the location of the store and the manager on duty’s name!

The competition runs from Saturday the 1st of July and ends on the 31st of August. Each store visit counts as one entry and you can visit as many stores as you want :D

There are three ways to enter, via the forums, on Twitter or on Instagram. Three winners will be selected randomly from the following platforms;

To enter on Twitter

• If your local Toys”R”Us stores stocks Lightseekers then take a photo of your local Toys”R”Us Lightseekers display and tag/name the store and tweet it @Lightseekers with the tag #LightseekersInTRU.

• If your local Toys”R”Us store does NOT stock Lightseekers then take a photo of the front of your Toys”R”Us stores and tag/name the store and tweet it @Lightseekers with the tag #LightseekersNOTInTRU.

To enter on Instagram

• If your local Toys”R”Us stores stocks Lightseekers then take a photo of your local Toys”R”Us Lightseekers display and tag/name the store and tag @LightseekersGame in your post. Please use the tag #LightseekersInTRU.

• If your local Toys”R”Us store does NOT stock Lightseekers then take a photo of the front of your Toys”R”Us stores and tag/name the store and tag @LightseekersGame in your post. Please use the tag #LightseekersNOTInTRU.

To enter on the Lightseekers forums

• If your local Toys”R”Us stores stocks Lightseekers then take a photo of your local Toys”R”Us Lightseekers display and post it in this thread.

• If your local Toys”R”Us store does NOT stock Lightseekers then take a photo of the front of your Toys”R”Us stores and post it in this thread as well.
P.S You need to have at least 15 forum points to post images/links on the Lightseekers forums. You can achieve these by:
  • Changing your forum avatar,
  • Tagging someone in a forum post
  • Earning other forum badges.
If you wish to post an image but do not have the forum permissions to do so you can simply upload the image to a hosting site (Such as Imgur, Flickr and TinyPic) and paste the link URL.

Already looking to go out and buy your Lightseekers figure and want ANOTHER awesome chance to win?

Share with us the photos of you and your new smart action figure and we’ll pick three lucky individuals to win $5,000 and a wave 2 hero of their choice the moment they are ready! To participate in this extra chance to win you can either: We’ll select the winners at the end of the competition. This is an extra chance to win so you can still send in your Toys”R”Us photos and potentially be a winner for both!

As Lightseekers figures will only be available in the USA initially for the first few months, this competition will only be open to people living in countries where Lightseekers are officially on sale in Toys"R"Us stores.

Competition ends on the 31st of August. We will review the entries and select a one individual each for Twitter, Instagram and the forums and three winners for the #LookWhatIGot giveaway. Winners will be contacted after the competition has ended to arrange their prizes.

Finally, please spread the word to your friends and family too and thank you again for all our support.

Have fun and good luck!

The Lightseekers team

Terms and conditions

Comments

• lamorackelamoracke Posts: 387Member ✭✭✭
    Hope my TRU has a display, it didn't earlier in the week. Will go check it out tomorrow.
  • FaithSDKFaithSDK Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    Hmm, we might get looks for asking about the name of the manager of the store. But I know one that might have a full display because they had the cards.

The mini ToysRUs outlets seem less likely to carry them but I will find out soon about that. The larger "warehouse" sized ToysRUs will most definitely carry them. So those are some general observations so far. I'll look into three ToysRUs that I usually go to.
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,381PlayFusion Team
    Toys"R"Us should be doing a full launch of the Lightseekers figures from today (1st of July). We want to ensure that Lightseekers is getting the coverage it should so any information that can be provided on stores that aren't promoting it will be very helpful!
  • Emanresu22Emanresu22 Posts: 169Member ✭✭
    Can I post the same info / pics / store addresses in twitter, instagram, and here in the forum?

Can I post the same info / pics / store addresses in twitter, instagram, and here in the forum?

There's nothing stopping you from posting the same ones in multiple locations, though if it's for the figures entry then you only need post them once.
    @Crow for the figures, does it have to be another kora / jax figure or an accessory counts? I already have the 2 figures as a backer.
    For this particular competition we want to focus on Toys"R"Us specifically as the aim is to highlight figures in the stores, as well as determine which stores are carrying them. To enter that aspect of the competition you would need to show you have bought a figure in Toys"R"Us in the USA but if you don't want to buy one you can enter using the photo entry options.
  • 3PiCat3PiCat Posts: 74Member ✭✭
    edited July 7
    Just me and my buddies Kora and Proto Jax looking at my Lightseekers cards and planning our next battle technique. And yes this is how I win I take advice who better then from a lightseeker and not 1 but both classes. The next member of the family will be Nature I can't wait, and neither can Kora or Proto Jax.
    Hey @3PiCat, you should have the permissions to post an image directly. Is this feature not working for you?
    edited July 11
    Here is a picture from the Toys R Us store in Bellevue Washington. Did not buy anything here this time, I cleared out their booster packs a while back and still do not have any new ones of those. They had all 6 of the new figures and weapons

Yippee! Got it to attach.
    edited July 11
    And for my second entry, this is my nearest Toys R Us store, the one in Lynnwood Washington. They did not have as large a display but they had the same figures. Once again, no booster packs as I bought them all out.

edited July 2
    @Crow so if I post 3 in instagram, 3 in twitter, and 3 in this forum, does that mean I will have 9 entries? All 3 are the same stores. Or it will just give me a chance to win either in IG, twitter, and forum?
    They have to be different stores. So if you went to three stores you could post them in each version but just going to the same store and taking more photos won't increase you chances.
    Hey @lamoracke the images don't appear to be displaying. Any chance you could upload them directly on the forum?
    Taken 07/01/17. TRU at Sugarland TX (16618 Southwest Fwy, Sugar Land, TX 77478). They have the poster and stand, cards and accessories, but they didn't display their figs. Came around when they opened and didn't ask anyone about them.

Taken 07/01/17. TRU at Katy Mill (25024 Katy Mills Dr, Katy, TX 77494). This is how they displayed their figures and accessories. I asked someone inside and said these are the only ones they got displayed. Didn't see the poster or any stand, and didn't check for the cards as I forgot to ask about them.

Taken 07/01/17. TRU at Katy Fwy (9730 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024). So far they displayed them better than the previous stores I went into; however, the cards were placed in a different section.

Taken 07/01/17. TRU at Westheimer (6145 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77057). They have the cards displayed but they don't have the poster, stand, figs, and accessories. The manager was not very helpful but the 2 ladies helped to look for them. They went in their storage area but they also had a hard time looking for them. Remember, this was taken yesterday and they could have them on display today. #LightseekersNOTInTRU

edited July 2
    hey @Crow I would happily do that. Strange, the pictures show to me. I uploaded them on dropbox as I thought I could not directly attach pictures in this forum. I mean, when you hit image, it asks for the URL not my hard drive. I will investigate more.

I can directly attach pictures to messages to people, but I do not see how one can do that in a forum post.
    hey @Emanresu22 how are you attaching the pics?
    You should have the option to 'Choose file' when uploading. If you are linking from a site like DropBox make sure the file name ends in .jpg/.png etc otherwise it may not work.
    edited July 2
    I would rather choose file than use dropbox, I figured I just had to. There is no option for me at my rank to choose file. I am rank 2, I would think I could.

Let me see if I can fix my dropbox settings. Maybe I do not have it so others cant view it. That would solve the problem too.
    hey @Crow , I switched from dropbox to photobucket, that should work. Sorry it not showing for you earlier. I wish I could attach directly. Anyway, I think I got it now. I will go to a 3rd store tomorrow.
    The photos seem to be working now :). I'll see if I can get @Roadcat to help me figure out why you don't have the upload option tomorrow.
  • FaithSDKFaithSDK Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    Well darn. I forgot my phone in anticipation but I can confirm 3540 48th St, Long Island City, NY 11101 ToysRUs does not have a special display for Lightseekers yet. They do have the cards by the check out line. I asked the only guy that seems to know his inventory and he said they got a box at the back storage and he was nice enough to get it. It was only one box full of Jax the Tyrax Starter packs. I was looking for the weapons. I r sads.
    @lamoracke I just "choose file" from my hard drive right away. And how come your stores look better in displaying the merchandise. Mine here sucks. The cards, figs, and accessories are displayed in different areas. Or They have the cards but not the figs and accessories on the floor at the same time. Kinda frustrating and planning to buy a new Kora but so far I haven't seen a store worth my money.
    Well, if its a store that is not the best set up, the figure you would buy would still work. Toys R Us basically needs to be spoon fed sometimes. Not sure the company is giving them enough direction to put these things out much less prominently. I had to make my local store search for the stuff the night before, not even sure they would have it out. The 2nd store did better, its more of a flagship store than the other.

My friend in California, Sacramento area, said his store had no display up, but had the items at least.

Strange, I definitely do not have the "choose file" option in a post despite the fact we have the same rank and about the same number of posts. Well, crow will look into that.
    Taken 07/02/17. TRU at Bay Area (1449 Bay Area Blvd, Webster, TX 77598). The cards are on the display but no stand, poster, figures, and accessories on the floor. Looked for someone to help for 5 minutes but no one helped so I left. I didn't get the managers name. #LightseekersNOTInTRU

• zsehaelaxzsehaelax Posts: 28Member
    edited July 5
    Nashua, NH has the cards as soon as you walk in , but nothing else had arrived yet.
  • zsehaelaxzsehaelax Posts: 28Member
    edited July 5
    Manchester, NH has the cards as well as weapons and the figures in an aisle, but the sidekick is plugged with something else.
This discussion has been closed.