Rate my deck thread!

bsjkupobsjkupo Posts: 68 ✭✭
edited June 22 in Deck Building
Hey everyone!

It's been a little while since the Lightseekers TCG has been released and myself and few others on the team were curious; what decks have you come up with?

Feel free to post your creations here so others can learn some interesting combinations and awesome strategies.

Here is an example of how you can do this using one of my decks that I am using right now:

Hero:
Fish Singer Ushi

Combos:
Murky Waters
Flying Debris
Healing Rain
Electro Stun
Electrified Deluge

Lightning Cards:
Spark Whisp x3
Living Cloud x3
Storm Shaman x2
Therapeutic Eel x1

Water Cards:
Delivery Crab x3
Bubble fish x3
Heroic Starfish x2
Suspicious Squid x1

Air Cards:
Dancing Flutterer x3
Thunder Slug x3
Dust Fiend x2
Wind Controller x1

Unaligned Cards:
Umbron Informant x2
Kreebal Infiltrator

Deck Overview:
Rush down opponents using high damaging action cards and combos to defeat them before they have a chance to stabilise.

Pros and Cons:

Very strong in the early game but loses steam over time.
Can draw very badly.
Heavy control decks and tanky decks can heal through the damage.
Requires careful planning; knowing when to heal/defend vs going on the offensive is key

Your turn!

Comments

• KOHDOKKOHDOK Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    edited June 23
    This deck is a mess. Ushi is a combo-booster, so he needs to be swinging the heavy, high-cost combos to capitalize from his ability such as Flood, Tornado, and others. Murky Waters is the worst combo ever made; you cannot KO opponents with it effectively. It is basically useless once your opponent drops below 20, as 2-cost for 7 damage is just terrible. Storm Wall is also one of the BEST combos in the game; you need it in any Storm deck.

Flutterer, Squid, and Living Cloud have no purpose in the deck. Squid and Cloud boost particular strategies(which this deck doesn't use) and Flutterer is just a bad card, a two-of at the VERY most and even then only if you simply MUST have more wind cards. Crackling Beast is better than either Cloud or Flutterer if you want to run any six-damage card, since they let you pop your used-up Thunder Slugs into more damage.

Run three Dust Fiends. This is not optional. They're a great attack in a pinch and they count as any combo element.

Where are your Vitalizing Frogs? And why do you have Kreebal Infiltrator in there?

OUT:
    Murky Waters
    Flying Debris
    Electro Stun
    Living Cloud x3
    Delivery Crab x1
    Suspicious Squid x1
    Dancing Flutterer x3
    Kreebal Infiltrator x1

IN:
    Storm Wall
    Tornado
    Cold Snap/Cleansing Wind
    Crackling Beast x3
    Vitalizing Frog x2
    Dust Fiend x1
    Mari bard x1
    Hurricane Spirit/Swooping Corvid/Unruly Mob x1

This fixes the problem with your deck fizzling out too quickly, as I imagine the struggle arises once your opponent gets a couple of buffs in play and starts camping at roughly 19 health, something pretty much every order(Aside from Storm and Astral) is very good at. Storm Wall gives you the freedom to smash away at your foe without remorse for three turns, and the choice of Cold Snap or Cleansing Wind(Which is a better fit for Tornado) can keep your opponent's field in check by controlling their field or their hand.
    edited June 23

#Mali4Life

Hero
    Malia

Combos
    Rolling Thunder
    Storm Wall
    Electrified Deluge
    Lightning Storm
    Healing Rain

Lightning Cards:
    Spark Wisp x3
    Therapeutic Eel x2
    Storm Shaman x2
    Zapper Bug x2

Water Cards:
    Heroic Starfish x2
    Bubble Fish x3
    Turkle Captain x1
    Vitalizing Frog x2

Wind Cards:
    Dust Fiend x3
    Storm Whisperer x2
    Mari Bard x1
    Swooping Corvid x1
    Cloud Harvester x2
    Thunder Slug x2
    Hurricane Spirit x2

Deck Overview
    Pushes Malia's ability to its limit by focusing on efficient and heavy combo damage, constantly bombarding the opponent with powerful blows to push them down and keep them down. High draw power through Eel and Spirit facilitate this.

Pros
    Insane damage, with combos dealing between 13 and 19 damage without any buffs. Buffs can make this damage explode to 15~23 or more!
    All combos match symbols, meaning they can pay for each other.
    Draw Heavy, but Cloud Harvester and Zapper Bug give you recycle power, particularly key cards like Storm Shaman, Spark Wisp, and Therapeutic Eel.

Cons
    Very buff reliant. Anti-buff strategies can be trouble, but cards like Corvid and Hurricane Spirit can often draw out an opponent's buff removal.
    Relies heavily on combos. It can be a little difficult to get rolling if you don't draw into any combos.
    No-frills damage deck means it drops a little bit of field or hand control in favor of more power.

Alternatives
    Umbron Informant is always a reliable card that lets you dump, then refill your hand when needed, though it is hurt by its lack of symbol.
    Electrified Moat can dissuade opponents from attacking you while you set up, especially when a Storm Shaman is in play. Ouch!
    Unruly Mob is, as ever, one of the game's best defensive Permanents.
    Crackling Beast can add a little punch as it munches on your used-up Thunder Slugs, Lightning Storms, and Cloud Harvesters to tack on some more damage.
    Wind Controller can help you recycle your buffs.
    Splashing in the Time element can give you access to Keeper of Time, Time Fountain, and Warp Toad, which let you rewind and recycle your combos, as well as the multi-order Electrify which does oodles of damage with Malia support.
    edited June 23
    And now for the Time-splashed variant.

MAMARAGAN

Hero
    Malia

Combos
    Rolling Thunder
    Storm Wall
    Electrified Deluge
    Lightning Storm
    Electrify

Lightning Cards:
    Spark Wisp x3
    Therapeutic Eel x2
    Storm Shaman x2

Water Cards:
    Heroic Starfish x2
    Bubble Fish x3
    Vitalizing Frog x2

Wind Cards:
    Dust Fiend x3
    Storm Whisperer x2
    Mari Bard x1
    Thunder Slug x2
    Hurricane Spirit x1

Time Cards:
    Chrono Wrangler x1
    Warden of Time x2
    Fountain of Time x2
    Warp Toad x1

Unaligned Cards:

Tantosian Blacksmith x1

Deck Overview:
    This deck works similarly to Mali4Life, but incorporates Time cards in order to pull off some very mean tricks. Specifically, rewinding the damaging Combo Buffs to recycle them and deal even more damage on a turn. Rewinding your Lightning Storm two steps while Storm Shaman is increasing power? Just plain cruel. There's a reason this deck's name is inspired by a heartless villain.

Pros:
    Mali4Life only with even more damage potential. Rewinding and prolonging the damaging Combo Buffs for massive hurt that just piles on each time you hit Rewind.
    Warden of Time makes a fantastic deterrent to those who would remove your buffs, lest they give you some pivotal cards back.

Cons:
    As a multi-order deck, it is naturally clumsier than Mali4Life. Getting Chrono Wrangler into play is essential to bringing out the worst of this deck.
    Just as vulnerable to buff-removal as before, though Warden of Time can ease this by acting as a deterrent.
    Perhaps a little too mean. You might lose friends over this as you do 20+ damage to them a turn.

Alternatives:
    Electrified Moat can replace Hurricane spirit, as rewinding Moat can be just as mean.
    You can drop Toad, Hurricane Spirit, or a Storm Whisperer in favor of another Fountain of Time to up the rewind shenanigans even more.
    Time Leap can be used instead of Electrify to bring a Combo Buff back and, yes, Dust Fiend can pay for it!
  • bsjkupobsjkupo Posts: 68 ✭✭
    KOHDOK said:

This deck works similarly to Mali4Life, but incorporates Time cards in order to pull off some very mean tricks. Specifically, rewinding the damaging Combo Buffs to recycle them and deal even more damage on a turn. Rewinding your Lightning Storm two steps while Storm Shaman is increasing power? Just plain cruel. There's a reason this deck's name is inspired by a heartless villain.

Just so you know, Fountain of Time can only rotate Action buffs! You cannot use it with Combo Buffs as they are not Action cards.

Outside of that the deck looks solid. Just be wary of Crushing Blow (and to a lesser extent Weapon Master); if you lose your weapon you can be in for some dead draws!

edited June 23
    bsjkupo said:

KOHDOK said:

Just so you know, Fountain of Time can only rotate Action buffs! You cannot use it with Combo Buffs as they are not Action cards.

Outside of that the deck looks solid. Just be wary of Crushing Blow (and to a lesser extent Weapon Master); if you lose your weapon you can be in for some dead draws!

Well. I'd need to adjust it, then. Time Leap still works, right? And I'm honestly not worried about Crushing Blow or Weapon Master. I can always pull Tantosian back to my hand in case of WM, and Crushing Blow might only show up in Mountain decks.
    KOHDOK said:

Well. I'd need to adjust it, then. Time Leap still works, right? And I'm honestly not worried about Crushing Blow or Weapon Master. I can always pull Tantosian back to my hand in case of WM, and Crushing Blow might only show up in Mountain decks.

Yep! Time Leap will pull back Combo Buffs because it says just "Buff" on the card :)

• Shades_CorvidShades_Corvid Posts: 42 ✭✭
    So guess I will dive in next.

Hero
    Anzi the Mender

Combo Cards
    Nitro Healing
    Mine Field
    Duplication
    Steel Fortification
    Smart Bomb

Mechanic Cards
    Bone Chewer x 3
    The Heap
    Ramparts x 3
    Emergency System
    Tyrax Fixer x 2
    Bulwark Carrier x 3
    Automatic Avenger x 2

Explosive Cards
    Blasting Cannon x 2
    Tyrax Mercenary x 3
    Colossi Cannon
    Alchemy Lab
    Unstable Defender x 3

Time Cards
    Chrono Wrangler
    Fountain of Time x 2
    Warden of Time x 2
    edited June 29
    @Shades_Corvid
    What's the strat?

If it's an Anzi Mechanical deck, you want to track down at least one more The Heap and as many Tyrax Engineers as you can. I also see no debuffs. You have no need for Nitro Heal nor the vanilla items. You will have plenty of healing between Tyrax Fixer/Engineer as you get them, The Heap, and Emergency System, since Warden of Time lets you recycle them like crazy, and the only card that would need Superior elements to work is Bone Chewer, which Anzi already has.

OUT
    Nitro Heal
    Tyrax Fixer x2
    Automatic Avenger x2
    Bulwark Carrier x1
    Blasting Cannon x2
    Chrono Wrangler x1
    Unstable Defender x1

IN
    Celerity/Nuke/Overwhelming Blast (Pick 1)(Two are mechanical buffs, the other is instant damage)
    Tyrax Engineer x3
    Force Converter x2 (It's basically a better Automatic Avenger)
    The Heap x1
    Mad Bomber x2 (Don't worry about its recoil effect. You can cash in used-up buffs, block it with Steel Fortification, or at least benefit from The Heap)
    Warp Toad x1

Outside of this, I'd maybe figure out 1~2 more Mehcanical cards to drop in favor of some more Time cards to help cast your combos. Maybe swap another Unstable Defender for another Fountain of Time?
    Thanks for the advice and will use it within the confines of my current collection. The idea is to focus on Anzi's passive ability.

I am use to Magic which is a bit more straight forward in deck building while Lightseekers has some layers to it plus the different time/resource management is something I have to think about/get use to.
    edited June 30

Thanks for the advice and will use it within the confines of my current collection. The idea is to focus on Anzi's passive ability.

I am use to Magic which is a bit more straight forward in deck building while Lightseekers has some layers to it plus the different time/resource management is something I have to think about/get use to.

I tried to make as good a tip sheet as I could. If you have the deck-exclusive E. system, then you clearly have Overwhelming Blast, Mad Bomber, and WarpToad. Swap Fixers for Engineers and Avengers for Force Converters as you get them and you should be fine.

As for Nuke and Celerity, keep in mind that they are BOTH considered Mechanical Buffs.
    My Anzi the Mender Remix Deck

(Still limited by my current collection)

Hero
    Anzi the Mender (Of Course)

Combos
    Overwhelming Blast
    Mine Field
    Duplication
    Steel Fortification
    Smart Bomb

Mechanical
    Bone Chewer x 3
    Ramparts x 3
    Tyrax Fixer x 3
    Bulwark Carrier x 2
    Automatic Avenger x 2
    The Heap x 1
    Emergency System x 1

Explosive
    Tyrax Mercenary x 3
    Unstable Defender x 2
    Crazed Bomber x 2
    Colossi Cannon x 1
    Alchemy Lab x 1

Time
    Fountain of Time x 3
    Warden of Time x 2
    Warp Toad
  • XenaraXenara Posts: 15
    edited July 10
    My (still developing) Zuna Deck

Hero
    Zuna

Combos:
    Nitro Heal
    Mine Field
    Celerity
    Shatter Blast
    Smart Bomb

Explosive:
    Tyrax Mercenary x 2
    Unstable Defender x 2
    Crazed Bomber x 2
    Colossi Cannon x 1
    Alchemy Lab x 2

Mechanical:
    Ramparts x 2
    Tyrax Fixer x 2
    Automatic Avenger x 1
    Regen Chamber x 1
    Emergency System x 1

Time:
    Fountain of Time x 3
    Warden of Time x 1
    Warp Toad x1
    Looper x 2
    Clockwork Construct x 2
    Chrono Moth x 2
    Time Worm x 1

Unaligned:
    Kreebal Infiltrator x 2

The deck relies on doing it's big damage through the combos and Colossi cannon while most of the other cards do small bits here and there. To make use of the downside of Zuna's ability I kept Infiltrator (supported by Zuna and Looper) But I think where things really shine is the "loop" that is created by Warden and Clockwork, with them being able to pull each other and other cards (Colossi, Worm, Infiltrator, and Looper for example)back to the hand and into play respectively to help keep dealing damage more consistent and combos available.

Of course this is made from just the cards I have right now, as I still need cards like Tyrax Historian, Maniacal Machine, and Flynamo to help improve on some things.
  • BillyBadgerBillyBadger Posts: 37
    Dread Deck
    Hero- Viril
    Combos- Ritual of Awakening, Toxic Haunt, Drain Life, Horrific Manifestation, Shadow Prison
    Actions- (Poison) Noxin Assassin x2, Corrupted Spirit x2, Draga hunter x2, Putrid Shaman x1,
    (Shadow) Shadow Supplier x2, Shadow Puppet x3
    (Death) Defiler x3, Gorged Stalker x3, Graveyard x3, Bone Reaper x2, Shambler x3, Soul Trader x2, Wall of Bones x2,
    This is my rough idea of a Dread deck, mostly posting here for the future when I actually have all the cards to build it and test it out, but any criticisms or ideas are welcome. Mostly went through the app and just looked to build a good dread deack that has some survivability against burn decks, and looking to punish removal of my buffs, but with Viril's ability I can at least pop off an effect or two before they remove it. Also my first deck list for this game, so be gentle haha.

Dread Deck
    Hero- Viril
    Combos- Ritual of Awakening, Toxic Haunt, Drain Life, Horrific Manifestation, Shadow Prison
    Actions- (Poison) Noxin Assassin x2, Corrupted Spirit x2, Draga hunter x2, Putrid Shaman x1,
    (Shadow) Shadow Supplier x2, Shadow Puppet x3
    (Death) Defiler x3, Gorged Stalker x3, Graveyard x3, Bone Reaper x2, Shambler x3, Soul Trader x2, Wall of Bones x2,
    This is my rough idea of a Dread deck, mostly posting here for the future when I actually have all the cards to build it and test it out, but any criticisms or ideas are welcome. Mostly went through the app and just looked to build a good dread deack that has some survivability against burn decks, and looking to punish removal of my buffs, but with Viril's ability I can at least pop off an effect or two before they remove it. Also my first deck list for this game, so be gentle haha.

Looking good for a concept but if possible I would cut back on the death cards and throw in some Night Lurkers and Abyss Tentacles; they up your shadow card count and give you some nice damage output!

(also liking your profile pic! Zero is cool :) )
    @bsjkupo Would I want to switch Rulers, whoops I mean heroes to something more accommodating for shadows?ted deck for dread a lot and actually really like those shadow cards, but don't know if that would work well with her one shadow per turn rule.

Also good to see a fellow Force fan! Maybe we can play a match on Battle Sim sometime!
    Would definitely give me some more wiggle room on combos.

@bsjkupo Would I want to switch Rulers, whoops I mean heroes to something more accommodating for shadows?ted deck for dread a lot and actually really like those shadow cards, but don't know if that would work well with her one shadow per turn rule.

Also good to see a fellow Force fan! Maybe we can play a match on Battle Sim sometime!

My suggestion would be Sicario; he is a very strong rule-ahem- Hero who allows you to fire out buffs quickly at the cost of life and has a superior stat in Shadow!
    bsjkupo said:

My suggestion would be Sicario; he is a very strong rule-ahem- Hero who allows you to fire out buffs quickly at the cost of life and has a superior stat in Shadow!
    Yeah I was looking at Sicario and Zyrus, but seeing as one of these cards I have no idea on when it will be released (unless someone were to give me a hint, *wink wink, nudge nudge,) I was gonna go with him up until I put the list together and saw a measly two shadow cards, and could not justify a primary Shadow Rul-Hero. So I might do some tinkering and disappear into the deep dark hole that is deck building and emerge in twenty minutes with a new brew.
    Also don't know who to pass this on to, or where to leave this feedback, but it would be nifty if you could view the card catalog offline and not have to reconnect to a server every time I put my phone to sleep. Just a small nit pick cause I'm a whiny baby.
    edited July 18
    @bsjkupo I have gone through and come out the other side of the rabbit hole of deck building.
    Dread Deck
    Hero- Sicario
    Combos- Ritual of Awakening, Toxic Haunt, Horrific Manifestation, Shadow Prison, Shroud of Night
    (Shadow) Shadow Supplier x2, Shadow Puppet x3, Night Lurker x3, Abyss Tentacle x2, Abyss Weaver x2,
    (Death) Defiler x2, Gorged Stalker x2, Bone Reaper x2, Shambler x2, Soul Trader x2, Wall of Bones x2.

Okay, updated the list a bit, and tweaked it to fit in more shadows.
  • bclark235bclark235 Posts: 3
    edited July 26
    Kreebal Water Park Deck
    Hero: Malia
    Combos:
    Tornado
    Cleansing Wind
    Storm Wall
    Healing Rain
    Overload

Lightning:
    Crackling Beast x3
    Electrified Moat x2
    Evaporator x2
    Storm Shaman x2

Air:
    Thunder Slug x2
    Mari Bard x2
    Dust Fiend

Water:
    Heroic Starfish x2
    Vitalizing Frog x2

Unaligned:
    Kreebal Infiltrator x3
    Sneaky Kreebal x3
    Frenzied Kreebal x3
    Kreebal Raid Party x2
    Kreebal Potion Master

This deck is pretty fun fast deck with a lot of synergy and some very high damage output, those Kreebals can be very surprising!
  • zsehaelaxzsehaelax Posts: 29
    The only problem I have with this deck is that it is difficult to play combos with that many unaligned cards.
    Its not been an issue playing a couple of combos in a game and the combos can also be used in conjunction with Evaporator, plus having expensive combos such as Tornado give Overload a much bigger boost.
    edited August 5
    Then why are you using Malia? You'd make more progress with Lalu the Rascal.

Out:
    Malia x1
    Kreebal Infilitator x3
    Sneaky Kreebal x2
    Crackling Beast x3
    Heroic Starfish x2

IN:
    Lalu the Rascal x1
    Kreebal Saboteur x2
    Dust Fiend x2
    Buble Fish x3
    Spark Wisp x3

Lalu allows you to play more attack cards when you're in a bad situation, Kreebal Saborteur turns EVERY attack card into Sneaky Kreebal, and Bubble Fish is basically required for durability. Spark Wisp is more reliable than C Beast, as I don't see what buffs you chuck for C Beast other than Thunder Slug. Dust Fiend is basically Sneaky Kreebal in damage with upped flexibility, and Kreebal Saboteur gives it that damage bypass. I had to strip some of the kreebalness, but it still works. You can maybe drop something else for some Therapeutic Eels, but otherwise this should make it more solid.
    Your kinda looking at the deck in the wrong way, with this deck durability of bubble fish is pointless as the deck is fast, designed on average to deal 10-15 dmg a turn and at max up to 30 dmg in one turn, damage reduction of the Saboteur is also fairly pointless as the thunder slugs take care of any reduction cards. Spark Whisp is a just a standard 5 dmg whereas using a Crackling Beast and removing a used Thunder Slug or an extra Kreeble Infiltrator will hit for 6 instead of 5 and with a Storm Shaman out its 10 instead of 9. There is currently only 1 Dust Fiend because I have yet to get a second.

The rascal would be more useful but I don't currently own one.
    infiltrator is doing what for your deck? if you are killing them in 2 or 3 turns, how are they possibly going to have enough cards in hand? and if you do play one, how do you deal the other ten to 15 damage in that turn? we understand the direction you are trying to go, but there are other/better ways to do it
  • GalaxySwiftGalaxySwift Posts: 23
    Dread
    Hero: Tenebra
    -Shadow-
    Night Lurker x3
    Abyss Tentacle x3
    Abyss Weaver x3
    Shadow Supplier x3
    Shadow Puppet x3
    Spirit Gate x1
    -Death-
    Soul Thief x3
    Defiler x1
    Corrupted Spirit x3
    -Poison-
    Putrid Shaman x2
    Draga hunter x1
    Toxic Frog x1
    -Neutral-
    Umbron Informant x3
    -Combos-
    Shroud of Night
    Horrific Manifestation
    Amplification Hex
    Withering
    Breach the Veil

The idea is to get the Night Lurker and as many Abyss Tentacles and Weavers out quickly, while sustaining yourself and dealing supplemental damage. Its still a WIP, and I still need more copies of some cards. My main problem right now is that combos feel useless for me. I struggled to find combo cards in my collection that complimented the rest of the deck, and just ended up sticking a couple of them in there only because they are required for a legal deck. If anyone has suggestions, they'd be appreciated.
  • ddarkusddarkus Posts: 26
    My current deck in progress, ill be creating a mountain deck eventually as well but in the meantime this will do.

Deck 1: Tech
    Hero: Lexi

Items
    Spinblade 3000
    Forgewall
    Crystalcore
    Fiery Blade

Combos
    Nitro Heal
    Body Morph
    Smart Bomb
    Nuke
    Rock Bomb

Explosives
    2x Tyrax Mercenary
    3x Fumbling Achlemist
    2x Leaking Generator

Time
    3x Chrono Moth
    1x Time Worm

Mechanical
    3x Bone Chewer
    3x Tyrax Enginer
    1x Emergency System
    2x Regen Chamber
    2x Ramperts

Unaligned
    2x Umbron Theif
    1x Umbron Maruader
    1x Colossi Artifact

The idea behind this deck is to take advantage of lexi's three item allotment and either negate or limit as much damage as possible while throwing lots of damage at my opponents.
    no tantosian blacksmith in an item deck?
  • ddarkusddarkus Posts: 26
    Thats an oversight on my part, the only thing i could think of replacing is the umbron marauder with a copy of tantosian blacksmith
    but you can have 3 copies...
    it basically comes down to math:
    if you have a 35 card deck with a 4 card minimum starting hand, how bad do you want to see that card in that first grip. the answer is always. 3/35 is better than 1/35. it is the only card in the game that lets you take any item from your deck or hand and then put it into play and it gives you an additional action. any item based deck needs 3 of these.