Electro Stun Question

CARD TEXT: Select another hero when this card enters play. That hero takes (rotate) damage and must Discard 1 card if they Play a card.

When exactly is damage dealt?

It seems really easy to avoid damage the way it's worded.

Comments

• KOHDOKKOHDOK Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Buffs activate before Attack/Defend cards. If your opponent tries to Remove Electro Stun with an attack or defend card, they get zapped.
  • bsjkupobsjkupo Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hey! Just to clarify, since Electro Stun has 7 on its first corner, the chosen hero takes that damage as soon as it enters play!
  • Ok that's what I needed to know.

So Player A plays Electro Stun. Player B takes 7 damage.

On Player B's next turn each time they play a card (Attack, Defend, Buff, or Combo) they must also discard 1 card.

Makes sense to me.

Secondary question I just thought of: If (in the scenario above) Player B only has one card in their hand are they allowed to play it even though they cannot discard a card?
  • bsjkupobsjkupo Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Yep they can! :)
  • So it's been a few months since I've played the Storm deck. I ran across this card again and needed to clarify once more.

When Electro Stun is played, your target takes an immediate 7 damage.

When your target plays a card do they:

a) Discard 1 card?

OR

b) Discard 1 card AND take 7 additional damage?
  • PangurPangur Posts: 6
    I am pretty sure they:

Take 7 damage.

Discard 1 card whenever they play a card so long as Electro Stun remains in play but do not take addition damage.

What remains unclear is if they can play a card if they have no cards left to discard (they have a single card in hand). I suspect the discard follows the action and is not a cost that must be paid before the action is taken - if only because this is more inline with how other cards read.
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,963
    Hey guys,
    We're going to add this to the errata thread as we do agree it's not as clear as it could be. It works like this:

"Select another hero when this card enters play. That hero takes X damage. They must [Discard] 1 card if they [Play] a card."

The effect should be that they only take 7 damage when Electro Stun enters play, not when they play a card.
  • WantonNerdWantonNerd Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    Better wording choice @Crow for sure. Can get a little muddy in there

And @Pangur it was already addressed. The Discard is a reaction to playing a card, so if you don't have any cards (say after playing your last card) then you don't have to discard because you can't. You must always follow the rules of the card as best as possible, not meet every individual instance to take your actions normally
  • jeffgrimes23jeffgrimes23 Posts: 10
    Another question on this card.

I play Electro Stun on my turn - target takes 7 damage.

On Targets turn, they play a Crystal Leech to remove Electro Stun. Do they still have to discard? Not sure what happens first the buff removal or the effect from Electro Stun. Thanks!
  • DandyDandy Posts: 47 ✭✭

@jeffgrimes23 the Discard effect of Electro Stun would happen first since it occurs when the Crystal Leech is played, before it's able to take effect.