A Guide to Pets

2»

Comments

• HyyBallHyyBall Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    lamoracke said:

Yeah, still not a fan of this $10 exclusive thing for pets. Have bought enough cards to get a complete TCG set and will spend who knows how much on the game and figures but because I did not know about this $10, I can't ever have these pets? Its the biggest sour taste to me in this whole game if you ask me, I wish they could figure out some way folks could earn them later.

It's not going to happen. It is a reward for a small group of people taking a gamble on PlayFusion and Lightseekers before anything was confirmed. It was promised and purchased as an exclusive -- to offer or gift it to anyone else would break that contract.

It's unfortunate you didn't know about it then, but this does happen, and it's going to have to be something you concede. Otherwise, you're vehemently insisting your craving is of higher value than the risk 1,600+ people took by backing this company and game to make it available to you and millions of others now.
  • David K?David K? Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I think it would be a larger sour taste if the Kickstarter Exclusive pets were to become non-exclusive to Kickstarter. It would then become a falsification on behalf of PlayFusion. Even though it might only matter to about 1,635 backers, it still regards PlayFusion's principles.
  • lamorackelamoracke Posts: 567
    edited June 2017
    Am allowed my opinion of course. Am used to games where everyone has a shot of getting things. I enjoy games where you have a chance of getting everything, even If it's just a one time thing every year or very hard. Let you guys have your pets but maybe give us a one weekend chance at 30 bucks or something.
  • HyyBallHyyBall Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    lamoracke said:

Am allowed my opinion of course. Am used to games where everyone has a shot of getting things. I enjoy games where you have a chance of getting everything, even If it's just a one time thing every year or very hard. Let you guys have your pets but maybe give us a one weekend chance at 30 bucks or something.

You are certainly entitled to have the desire to own them; but you also have to accept that the only ones who will own these are those that backed Lightseekers during the Kickstarter. These items were marketed and sold as being an exclusive gift to those who backed -- to offer them at any other time would break that contract, and would potentially create far greater issues than benefits they could gain.

Yes, there are games and other products that give you the opportunity to collect and experience everything; but it is just as if not more frequent and common that certain products, events, etc are a limited, one-time opportunity and are missed if not obtained/experienced during that window.
    @lamoracke I completely understand. I'm just trying to explain why it might not be a great idea. I also agree that it doesn't feel good to not be able to do or get something that many others have. I'm not saying that you are wrong. It is totally fine to not like it. But if they actually stay with their promise, it looks good on them in the end by their backing audience.

Now, they could forget their promise and release it to everyone, which would be the utilitarian thing to do. As well as, I believe, the immoral thing to do. I think business ethics are good in the long run. ;)
  • lamorackelamoracke Posts: 567
    edited June 2017
    You can think what you like, but using the word immoral seems a little harsh if you ask me. You guys will get them, not sure why you guys want to prevent everyone else from enjoying them, even if they have to earn them way way harder than you do. Every single time one of you guys post your pet totals in the discord channels or wherever, its almost going to be inadvertently taunting to those who can't get them. I would have paid the $10 if I had known its a pittance from what I have spent on this game already. Not everyone knew about the game in advance.

Its up to the company, lets leave it at that. There should be a lot of new members and over time, its going to be the new ones that may have another opinion on this as well.
    Well, I guess I choose to believe lying or breaking promises as being immoral. But, I also understand that not all cultures, social groups, or people practice the same principles.
  • Darkrai848Darkrai848 Posts: 146
    The fact is these pets where sold with this as there selling point "These pets will only be available to Backers and will never be available again". For them to then be added for other people would brake that promises.
  • Darkrai848Darkrai848 Posts: 146
    edited June 2017
    Anyone know where to get this guy? Found this pic on Twitter.
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,901PlayFusion Team
    I believe Bogmaw is a random chance find in one of the mari loot boxes from reputation vendors.
2»