Kohdok's Great Gathering Guide!

KOHDOKKOHDOK Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
edited June 2017 in Game Guides

Gathering is an important part of Lightseekers. All over the map are small features that can be harvested for crafting items and xp, with each kind of harvestable item giving different yields and EXP. It can be a little hard to suss out what items can be gathered, which is why this guide will exist. There are a variety of items which can be harvested and each one belongs to a different order. The exp yield from all of these items can be buffed by scanning the appropriate Tribute cards that give a boost to each Order.

In general, items which can be gathered stand out via a small particle effect at the base. Tapping that spot will shift the Lightseeker into a gathering animation, where the Lightseeker, along with equipped weapons and pets, will gain exp until the item is fully gathered and disappears. Gathering is actually a very effective and reliable way of gathering exp and can be simple to do while avoiding combat.

NOTE: As of the 05/31/17 update, the particle effect surrounding Gatherable items has been enlarged to make them easier to spot.

As you gather items, your gathering skills will also gain EXP. Levelling up your gathering skills will allow your Lightseeker to harvest rarer and more delicate gathering spots to gain rarer crafting items and earn even more exp. If you see a rare Gather Spot, but aren't a high enough level to harvest from it, don't worry! The spot will stick around until you can reach it(with the exception of Extraction, as their spawn points are constantly shifting.)

You can find your Lightseeker's Gathering stats by going to the bag, then the Hero screen, clicking "Stats" and then scrolling down. As you can see, some stats are easier to level than others.

NOTE: As of the 05/31/17 update, your gathering skills have been given progress bars to see how close you are to your next level.

Gathering Spots Guide
The key here I use is simple:
Gathering Skill - Order - Harvested Item

Extraction - Astral - Stardust

Extraction is an interesting case in that they give by far the most EXP of any gatherable item, but have no set area where they appear, instead spawning randomly in areas that are thick with dangerous enemies, meaning you will have to roam the map to find them. There is a high risk/reward factor to Extracting, but it is always worth it.

Level 1
Level 10
Level 25

Siphoning - Dread - Essence

These dark crystals are all over the place, usually found in the furthest corners of the world, be it a natural environment or a Kreebal camp. They provide average exp.

Level 1
Level 10
Level 25

Mining - Mountain - Ore

Mining ores tend to appear in rocky areas or areas with lava, though they can appear in fields, as well. Ores provide very low EXP.

Level 1
Level 10
Level 25

Herbalism - Nature - Plants

Plants are everywhere, usually resembling a coiled plant or a green flower. They give average exp.

Level 1
Level 10
Level 25

Cloud Harvesting - Storm - Clouds

Clouds appear sporadically, usually near villages, but often alone, making them somewhat rare.

Level 1

Salvaging - Tech - Scraps

These little piles of junk are usually found in Umbron camps and give average exp.

Level 1
Level 10
Level 25

Gathering Area Maps

Ashwood Map by @David K? (Keep in mind the yellow Extraction points will not always be there and will usually spawn in only one place.
https://forum.lightseekers.com/discussion/comment/10261/#Comment_10261

And that is all for now. I will be updating this guide as I get more pictures of the higher level items, but until then, happy hunting!

EDITS: Added Ashwood map, edited for more coverage. Added Salvage LV10 pic. Added Extraction LV25 pic. Added Siphoning LV25 pic. Added Mining LV10 pic.

Comments

• CrowCrow Posts: 2,901PlayFusion Team
    Check thy badges!
  • HyyBallHyyBall Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    Hah. Was actually going to do the same kind of post tonight, @KOHDOK :tongue:
    If you don't mind, I'll add farming locations to your post after work today.
  • KOHDOKKOHDOK Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. I also encourage people to be on the lookout for the different levels of gathering spots so that I can add them to the list.

If you have a blank map screen or some clean Order icons, I would love to make use of them.
  • HyyBallHyyBall Posts: 340 ✭✭✭
    @KOHDOK I don't have the blank map, but would recommend asking @David K? for that one.
    However, here are the Order PNGs
    Coo. In return, have some transparent pics of the gathering spots for your maps.
  • ShamuraiShamurai Posts: 67 ✭✭
    WOW I had been wondering how Gathering was to be.. never occurred to me to click on things like this to get gathering xp. Thanks so much.. I'm no level 2 siphonning! (not much to cheer about, but I'm a very exuberant person! Sharing this with my wife and kids whom also play!
    Shamurai said:

WOW I had been wondering how Gathering was to be.. never occurred to me to click on things like this to get gathering xp. Thanks so much.. I'm no level 2 siphonning! (not much to cheer about, but I'm a very exuberant person! Sharing this with my wife and kids whom also play!

I've pointed that problem out before. They need some sort of effect to make you want to click them, like getting ringed in light when you get near them, or something.
  • ZizzacZizzac Posts: 62
    > @KOHDOK said:
    > WOW I had been wondering how Gathering was to be.. never occurred to me to click on things like this to get gathering xp. Thanks so much.. I'm no level 2 siphonning! (not much to cheer about, but I'm a very exuberant person! Sharing this with my wife and kids whom also play!
    >
    > I've pointed that problem out before. They need some sort of effect to make you want to click them, like getting ringed in light when you get near them, or something.

I literally had no idea about harvesting at all until last night when I accidentally clicked on a storm cloud. :p
  • David K?David K? Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    KOHDOK said:

Shamurai said:

I've pointed that problem out before. They need some sort of effect to make you want to click them, like getting ringed in light when you get near them, or something.
    I honestly like the fact that they are a part of the scenery and have nothing above them. What I don't quite like is you don't know if you are actually gathering or not a lot of the time...
    David K? said:

KOHDOK said:

Shamurai said:

I honestly like the fact that they are a part of the scenery and have nothing above them. What I don't quite like is you don't know if you are actually gathering or not a lot of the time...
    That, too. Especially when playing as Kora.
  • David K?David K? Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there another character? ;)
    David K? said:

Is there another character? ;)

You're right. What was I thinking?

New edit: Siphoning Level 25
    EDIT: Added Mining level 25.

On a side note, if anybody has found Cloud Harvesting level 10 or 25 or Salvaging level 25, drop the screenshots and I will add them.
  • ShamuraiShamurai Posts: 67 ✭✭
    I think they can spawn randomly.. because in my "normal" cloud harvest spot (SE of Ashwood Forest, SE of Bloomdale) there are up to 4 cloud spawns.. and one time, a Level 10 spawned. I've seen that behavior at other spots as well.
    Shamurai said:

I think they can spawn randomly.. because in my "normal" cloud harvest spot (SE of Ashwood Forest, SE of Bloomdale) there are up to 4 cloud spawns.. and one time, a Level 10 spawned. I've seen that behavior at other spots as well.

Assuming you didn't harvest it, it should still be there. If you can do a screengrab and post it here, I can do the rest.
    Added Salvaging Level 25. Just need Clouds now.
    Edited to cover the changes from the 05/31 patch.