Questing Feedback

CrowCrow Posts: 2,693PlayFusion Team
Greetings Lightseeker!

To help us improve your game experience we’re asking for feedback on some specific areas of the game. In this thread please share your feedback on:

Quests

Any feedback you have related to this subject, no matter how small you may think that feedback is, can really help us make the game even better!

Comments

• AlchemicalAlchemical Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Absolutely wonderful quests so far, the details are cute and funny. I cannot wait for more!
  • KOHDOKKOHDOK Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Do quests have rewards beyond just EXP? I'd like some better incentives to quest with.
  • carla4444444carla4444444 Posts: 1,160
    I believe quests introduce farming and there's one quest line that once complete grants an exclusive pet. There's all kinds of quests.
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,693PlayFusion Team
    There are various different quests which offer different benefits. Some offer Xp rewards, others items and some introduce you to game mechanics as Carla mentioned. Side quests are optional so you are free to do or avoid any of them as you please.
  • David K?David K? Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭
    I know avoiding the side quests, you can't get very far without grinding. You need to be level aroun 10-11 by the time you get to the second zone. I only got to level 9 by the time it wanted me to go there.

Also, is this puzzle thing working? If it is, it isn't very intuitive. I have absolutely no clue what to do, and some stream watchers attempted to help as well. We just kept picking doors.
    At least my second quest, or close to second was Cherry Blossoms quest line which took me to the second zone. I couldn't do it. Even on recommended at 1.
  • ArkiehmaruArkiehmaru Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    i finished all quests currently in game so grinding fireforge to 50 XD deadset on checking out the mastery system. making my guy a crit build and omg this morning i did a 130k crit on boss with combo at lvl 21 lol
  • plasmamodoplasmamodo Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
    David K? said:

I know avoiding the side quests, you can't get very far without grinding. You need to be level aroun 10-11 by the time you get to the second zone. I only got to level 9 by the time it wanted me to go there.

Also, is this puzzle thing working? If it is, it isn't very intuitive. I have absolutely no clue what to do, and some stream watchers attempted to help as well. We just kept picking doors.

This is a figure puzzle - it is not really practical without a physical toy, as the color sequence is 5 long.
    I didn't even know there was a color sequence... it explained nothing about the figure. :'(
    I had no clue what colors it wanted me to match with the door lol... Thank you for letting us know, they should probably fix that.
  • IceStrikerIceStriker Posts: 50
    @David K? You need to link your figure when playing that particular quest. You will see the colours being lighted up on the figure. You need to repeat the same sequence on the mobile game app.
    Yeah... I'm going to wait for our original products before I link it. I don't want to have to restart the account again lol... Thank you, both. :)
    That particular puzzle quest is a known issue. It's meant to be used with a figure to highlight the colour sequence. Difficulty is an area we are definitely reviewing carefully.
  • ZeonZeon Posts: 1,105
    Which areas of difficulty will PlayFusion be focusing on, mainly?
    We'll be looking at all areas but main story and zone progression will likely be a key focus.
    Well what i will add is at the moment i feel that things are too easy progressing through zones, giving the fact that everything scales to the character. Even without down switching and with some basic gear and Lightstones, it's fairly easy entering from one zone to another questing.
    I've already progressed the story into the 3rd zone. I am intentionally selecting which quests to leave for awhile, when i need a rest from dungeon runs.

- I think there should be areas where NPCs don't scale to a players level. Isn't that what grinding is for?
    - Majority of quests and content will be done before even obtaining the better gear and Lightstones.
    - The difficulty settings only really matter inside the dungeons, with recommended being a foothold for the next tiers.
  • DulwitchDulwitch Posts: 111 ✭✭
    @David K? i did that one puzzel a while back you basicly have to watch your figgure and play simmon says as ir lights up with colours in order for you to activate. Theres a few bits like this. I'm loving that part of the game as well as its very, very fun (if not a tad frustrating when you forget the sequence XD).
    Crow said:

There are various different quests which offer different benefits. Some offer Xp rewards, others items and some introduce you to game mechanics as Carla mentioned. Side quests are optional so you are free to do or avoid any of them as you please.

I know the XP is always good. Usually, the items are way below our own level and I guess can be considered gold. I think there was one unique time where I got a level 9 item and I was level 4. Every item after that was always far below my own items and below my level.

I've mainly just thought quests were for XP. There doesn't seem to be any other reason to do them, aside from progressing through storylines and hoping one day they will have more.
    Oh, except Captain Jolti and the Astral general. Those questlines are actually somewhat humorous and I'd recommend doing for the storyline. :D
    Does it matter about the difficulty? I always put the difficulty really high (usually max) during a quest to ensure i get the best possible XP, loot, rewards.

Another thing that bugs me:
    For example, say i am in world 1, i do a ton of quests and then run the dungeon X amount of times, by the time i get into world 2 the majority of quest rewards are outdated for my character. What good is a generic helm, when i have better gear equipped.
    Does the difficulty even matter for quest XP? If I do one quest, and before I turn it in, set my difficulty to max, it will give me more XP? That doesn't really seem fair in my opinion. I haven't tested the theory, however.
    edited May 2017
    David K? said:

Does the difficulty even matter for quest XP? If I do one quest, and before I turn it in, set my difficulty to max, it will give me more XP? That doesn't really seem fair in my opinion. I haven't tested the theory, however.

I have no idea, i simply push difficulties to max in world areas or at least 5 levels above recommendation, maxing out the skull picture illustration. I will however, drop a few levels if i am facing 4+ enemies, but again that should not be allowed. Once you enter any form of combat, difficulties set prior to entering combat should stay locked in!

If it's good for the Dungeon, then it sure hell should be good for the World!
    Yeah, I think being in combat should not allow you to change your difficulty. Although, I do think you should be able to open your inventory and change your powers. It sucks fighting with an ability you cannot use because you didn't see it until you started combat.
    So it does seem to matter if you adjust difficulty during an active quest line, at anytime. I lowered it in several active quests that i was undertaking and received 58xp, 243xp and 300xp. When i tested it with more quests, same NPC and area on the highest difficulty without adjusting it, i received 1242xp and 1234xp.
    :/
    Hmm ok so did another same method and received 800xp so it's probably just the value of the quests.
    I was going to say, that would be sad to have missed that error...
    edited May 2017
    Having done some more quests in world 3 (label them luxury/epic quests) no idea. Rewards are very high!

I still think it depends on the difficulty? or how slow or fast you get around Tantos. If you were to stay in world 1 farming the dungeon, i can only assume rewards in other worlds would fail in comparison, bar the dungeons.
    Eventually, I'll get to the third area. I just started the second and decided to stop taking notes for now. Probably a bad idea and I should probably start again lol...
  • KerrinKerrin Posts: 16
    I find the quest interface frustrating. You can only have one quest active at a time, and change the active quest is quite a long process. It is a long task to find out what quest a marker is for on the map.
    Quest "Wake up south guards." They don't look like they need waking up. No idea what i am supposed to do here.