Forum rules

CrowCrow Posts: 2,963
edited February 2017 in Lightseekers News
Use of our product, site and services are subject to a number of rules. These are only put in place to make the product, site and services safer and more enjoyable for everyone.

The Lightseekers forums and game seek to offer a great, safe place for fans to hang out, enjoy the game and discuss what's new and what's hot with the world of Tantos. We all want to enjoy a fun and safe environment, so we've put together some simple rules which should make it easy for everyone to get along.
  • No offensive/prejudice language or content
  • No staff impersonation
  • No account sharing/stealing
  • No politics or religious discussion
  • No discussion of illegal activities
  • No flaming, trolling, spamming, harassing or personal attacks
  • Do not give out any of your personal details or real world information or the information of others
  • No sharing of malicious or offensive links and URLs
  • No sharing of adult/offensive/illegal videos, audio, images or URLs
  • No content which promotes violence, discrimination or illegal/objectionable activity
  • No sharing of content which infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party
  • No advertisements for third party products and services
  • No attempts to sell items or services
  • Do not use botting or automated software to play the game or post on the site
  • Do not cheat or bug abuse in game
In-game behaviour, content, threads or posts which break these rules will be brought to the attention of Lightseekers staff who will take any necessary steps to keep the forums and the game safe. Lightseekers staff & moderators may take any action against any thread, post or user account should they be considered a risk to the enjoyment or safety of other players, even if they do not appear to break the above rules. We ask that everyone please use English when posting as we can't always offer a response in other languages.
Above all these forums should be fun and friendly and we think together we can make sure that happens!

Comments

• CaraCara Posts: 2
    Seem like pretty fair rules. Will make sure to adhere to them! o7
  • AlexanderAlexander Posts: 39
    That sounds fair. :)

Hoping this will be a good one. :)
  • RogieRogie Posts: 8
    Fair enough. :D
  • ExeExe Posts: 14
    Lightseekers staff & Moderators
    Are Moderators community driven or will they be employees of PlayFusion?
  • Sounds like the makings of a great community!
  • CrowCrow Posts: 2,963
    Are Moderators community driven or will they be employees of PlayFusion?
    Moderators will be volunteers from the community. Members of the PlayFusion team will be clearly marked :)

• What about people who gain their friends' accounts when they quit or move on to other games or real life stuff, etc? I've seen quite a few players who are purveyors such practice.

How would you crackdown on that kind of activity?
  • " Lightseekers staff & Moderators may take any action against any thread or post should they be considered a risk to the enjoyment or safety of other players, even if they do not appear to break the above rules."

Can you please explain in more detail how that works? Example if I am better than other players then action will be taken against me, because I am risking their enjoyment of the game? That sounds plain subjective, how is something going to be bad if it does not break the rules? How do I know I am doing something wrong if there is nothing to prove that I'm being wrong?

Sorry for my bad english.
    ” Lightseekers staff & Moderators may take any action against any thread or post should they be considered a risk to the enjoyment or safety of other players, even if they do not appear to break the above rules.”

Can you please explain in more detail how that works? Example if I am better than other players then action will be taken against me, because I am risking their enjoyment of the game? That sounds plain subjective, how is something going to be bad if it does not break the rules? How do I know I am doing something wrong if there is nothing to prove that I’m being wrong?
    Hey there! This means that moderators can make a judgement call if a topic/post doesn't quite seem to fit into the other rules but it is still felt the post/thread should be removed from the forums. It's just to help keep the forums fun and safe and doesn't mean your stuff can be removed just because you're good at a game.

If you're not trying to cause actual harm to others or deliberately be a jerk you won't need to worry about your stuff being removed from the forums :)
  • Hey there! This means that moderators can make a judgement call if a topic/post doesn’t quite seem to fit into the other rules but it is still felt the post/thread should be removed from the forums. It’s just to help keep the forums fun and safe and doesn’t mean your stuff can be removed just because you’re good at a game.

If you’re not trying to cause actual harm to others or deliberately be a jerk you won’t need to worry about your stuff being removed from the forums ?
    But that is plain subjective. You can't make up a rule and punish someone, it doesn't work like that in the outside world. Courts work by laws, if something is not in the law then it's a loophole, the court cannot make something up just to punish the person who did it. Maybe you guys should update the list of rules instead of punishing people who do not break any rule. Just a suggestion.

• YouriYouri Posts: 408
    But that is plain subjective. You can’t make up a rule and punish someone, it doesn’t work like that in the outside world. Courts work by laws, if something is not in the law then it’s a loophole, the court cannot make something up just to punish the person who did it. Maybe you guys should update the list of rules instead of punishing people who do not break any rule. Just a suggestion.
    Pretty sure what Crow means is that in some occassions a post is on the edge of the 'yes it's allowed/no it's not allowed' line and moderators can use their judgement whether or not it's fine. Eventhough it's usually obvious or not whether or not a topic/post is in violation with the rules.

It's not like the moderators would just remove every post or topic that they feel should be hidden.

PS: It's 2:10AM here, so excuse my English ;-)
  • Pretty sure what Crow means is that in some occassions a post is on the edge of the ‘yes it’s allowed/no it’s not allowed’ line and moderators can use their judgement whether or not it’s fine. Eventhough it’s usually obvious or not whether or not a topic/post is in violation with the rules.

It’s not like the moderators would just remove every post or topic that they feel should be hidden.

PS: It’s 2:10AM here, so excuse my English ?

You're not a moderator, I didn't ask for opinion but thanks for trying. Don't post bomb the thread please, or else Crow will not see the message I am trying to pass to him. Maybe comments like yours are on that ‘yes it’s allowed/no it’s not allowed’ line?
  • What about people who gain their friends’ accounts when they quit or move on to other games or real life stuff, etc? I’ve seen quite a few players who are purveyors such practice.

How would you crackdown on that kind of activity?
    Ha.
    Hey Danger Tutor,

Yes, it is indeed subjective but sometimes you have to be. On rare occasions, for the good of everyones enjoyment of the forums, a judgement call may have to be made. This rule simply explains that we may have to do that if the need arrives.

We really don't expect it to be an issue for anyone not looking to troll or cause upset so if you're not doing that then you genuinely have nothing to fear. We're not tyrants looking to instil an oppressive control state, we're just making sure we have a friendly forum everyone can enjoy ;)
  • We really don’t expect it to be an issue for anyone not looking to troll or cause upset so if you’re not doing that then you genuinely have nothing to fear. We’re not tyrants looking to instil an oppressive control state, we’re just making sure we have a friendly forum everyone can enjoy ?

Me, troll? Hell no, that would be rude wouldn't it?
    Me, troll? Hell no, that would be rude wouldn’t it?
    It would indeed! :)
  • It would indeed! ?
    That smile looks like a poker face. Maybe you guys should consider getting better smileys for us the blind people? Just a suggestion :)
  • Actually nevermind poker face will do just fine.
    Fear not! New smilies are one of the improvements we're looking to bring to the forums :D
  • MarbianMarbian Posts: 40
    Gotta love them smiliies :)
  • JJ Posts: 47
    Sounds fair :smile:
This discussion has been closed.