All powerful Astral card.

FlazorkFlazork Posts: 16

Excuse the poor MSP job but here's my general Idea.

I know it does too much just now but like I say, it's a concept.

It's "astral" the Order (Like cross-order combos) so it only needs access to ANY Astral element to be played, and when on the discard pile, it counts as all Astral types. Just thought it would be something fun to mess around with.

PlayFusion, hire me thanks.

Comments

• WantonNerdWantonNerd Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    So this is supposed to be a Combo Defend? The idea a little off, but I appreciate the effort. It's just not in line with the rest of the game design
  • FlazorkFlazork Posts: 16
    Nope, not a combo. Just an action card. I was playing around with the idea of using the "Order" Symbol instead of an "Element" symbol. Since Astral depends so heavily on it, I thought it would be a nice idea to toy around with giving all of them from the discard pile.

What would you say is not in line?
  • WantonNerdWantonNerd Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    The only cards currently in the game that utilize the Order symbols are Cross Order Combos, so it's kind of going against the game's design to have an action card with an Order symbol. Just seems odd to me, that's all
    Oh, I know that. That's why I want to use it. Just because it's only currently used for one thing, doesn't mean it can't be used another way in the future, right? That's what I was trying to do, try out a new mechanic. :)
  • NubZNubZ Posts: 3
    Maybe change the Element to Solar and add text to the card stating 'Counts as all elements while on top of the discard pile'. Could be a very useful card.
    I guess that works :) I just like the idea of using the Order symbol a bit more. But your idea definitely works too! :) Thanks!
  • MintMint Posts: 12
    edited June 3
    Hi there @Flazork !

I'd have to agree with @NubZ and @WantonNerd

It's an interesting cocept but I believe Astral has enough advantage within the game already (more than enough if you ask me since so many of their cards net them an extra card either by drawing from card effect or gaining an additional action which can then be used to draw). They recently made some cards in LightSeekers Mythical which you may like.

One is called "Snowcaster Elder." It is a Lunar Defend card which reads "2 healing. Gain 1 additional action." The way this aligns with your concept is the fact that many astral cards gain major benefits from having lunar on the top of the discard pile. This is a way to place lunar there 'without using an action' enabling you to continue to have two actions or if you'd like you can play Snowcaster Elder then draw 2 cards just like you would have had you not played any cards at all.

The other is called "Reality Twister." It is a Gravity Buff card with four active corners that reads "Your last discarded card counts as all elements." The way this aligns with your concept is that it accomplishes that which it appears you're aiming for, to have the top card of your discard pile to count as Solar, Lunar, and Gravity all at once.

As far as having an action card use the "order symbol" I'm against it currently (but could be open to it later as the game evolves) due to the fact that all orders would need to get an "order symbol" action card as well. For the cross order combos, all orders have access to them and they all have a unique value to the user. By implementing an order action card it will undoubtedly be more beneficial for Astral. The main issue with this is it would not have the same value for the other orders.

When designing cards and concepts to implement within a preexisting framework for a game like LightSeekers all players must be taken into account, not just an exclusive portion of the player base.

With all that said, you seem like a very creative person, I look forward to hearing of your other conceptions and hope you continue to enjoy the game.